Robert Elgart Automotive began its business in 1948 and was incorporated in 1976. The company was founded by Robert Elgart, control passed to his son, Arty Elgart, in 1969.
In 1970 Robert Elgart Automotive began its tradition of serving the Philadelphia automotive care and accessory market with a modest, but functional, 12,000 square foot warehouse.
Today the company is a division of DYK Automotive. The company has 10 locations and approximately 1 million square feet of distribution and manufacturing space across the US